State Fair Jobs
2022 September 2 - 25
Closed Tuesdays & 9/7
You Choose How To Apply
- Online pre-Application: Fair Apply Now!
- Hiring Events at The Fair:
Thu Aug 18:
- 11am - 12pm
- Hiring on the spot!
- At Green Gate: On west side of fairgrounds. Do not go inside fairgrounds. Turn into parking lot off of Fairview Drive. Look for BBQ Pete's signs and black trailer.
- Bring: Photo ID, social security card (or birth certificate), food worker permit (if you have one).
- Sat Aug 20: 9am - 2pm, Expo Hall, enter Gold Gate
- Call (206) 249-3818. If no answer, leave a detailed message and we will return your call.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We hire 120 people for the 20 day Fair in September. Join the #1 award winner for Best Fair Food! Working the Washington State Fair in Puyallup is a lot of fun and a great way to earn some extra income. BBQ Pete's Log Cabin seeks friendly people to join us in delivering quality service and great barbecue. Flexible scheduling available: full-time and part-time, days or evenings.
PUYALLUP FAIR COMPENSATION: BBQ Pete's pay is superior at the Fair. $16/hr & up + free Fair pass + free & discounted meals + free parking. $100 referral bonus per new recruit you bring on board.
PUYALLUP FAIR REQUIREMENTS: No experience necessary. Positive history. Authorized to work in US. Food worker permit (available after hire).
Fair Job Descriptions
- CUTTER: Cut and plate ribs and chicken to order.
- PIT COOK: Cook Ribs, Chicken and BBQ Pork on real NW Alder wood fired pits.
- PREP COOK: Sides, such as Beans and Cornbread
- COUNTER SERVER: Expedite orders. Light food handling, some customer interaction.
- CASHIER: High customer interaction. Friendly and quick. Accuracy is important.
- ORDER TAKER: High customer interaction. Take orders from customers standing in line. Friendly and quick. Accuracy is important.
- CORN ROASTER: Cook fresh local corn and shuck, butter to order. Some customer interaction.
- DISHWASHER: Side work includes general cleaning and restocking.